from Joel C Rosenberg's blog:
I'm grateful to Fox News Channel anchor Shannon Bream for having me on the air this afternoon to talk about the moral and spiritual dimensions of the Newtown massacre. These are not topics that have been discussed much in the media despite wall-to-wall coverage of the tragedy since Friday. We didn't have time for a full, in-depth conversation, but we got it started. Here are some of the points I made in the interview, as well as some points I would have made had we had more time:
The slaughter of 20 children and numerous teachers and other adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary was horrifying beyond belief -- yet what makes it worse is that it isn't an isolated incident.
- America is experiencing an epidemic of violence and lawlessness -- so far in 2012, we've seen 18 mass murder events in the U.S., and the year isn't over.
- Just last night, another deranged individual fired 50 bullets from a handgun in Newport Beach, California, reported the Los Angeles Times, though fortunately no one was injured or killed, and thus another tragedy was mercifully averted.
- Yes, violent crime has been subsiding in recent years (and that's good), but the violent crime rate in America is twice what it was in 1960, according to FBI stats (there were 160.9 violent crimes per 100,000 people in 1960, compared to 403.6 violent crimes per 100,000 people in 2010)
- More than 1.2 million violent crimes are committed in the U.S. annually, according to the FBI.
- More than 14,000 murders are committed in the U.S. every year
- Add to all this, there are more than 1.2 million abortions every year -- innocent children murdered in their mother's womb.
Why is all this happening? In large part because we are engaged in moral and spiritual disarmament.
- Some Americans are actively driving the God of the Bible out of their lives, out of their families.
- Some Americans are actively trying to drive the God of the Bible out of our schools, our courts, our media, and out of America all together......
read the rest of the article here: http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/newtown-massacre-was-18th-mass-murder-event-in-2012-whats-going-wrong-and-is-there-hope/